Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
JOB TITLE: Health, Safety & Environment Manager (Cement Industry)
- Advertisement -
JOB LOCATION: Ibese, Ogun
Job type: Full time
Department: DCP – HSSE
- To support HSE Manager in all. Oversees the environmental performance, develops implement and monitors environmental strategies that promote sustainable development.
- Liaise with external agencies regarding environmental compliance requirements.
- Initiate and oversee conduction of environmental monitoring programs.
- Assist Plant Team and contractors to maintain a high standard of environmental performance.
- Maintain accurate environmental records.
- Provide input into identification and mitigation of risk.
- Develop and deliver environmental information and training packages.
- Participate in Plant’s HSE meeting and deliver trainings as required.
- Participate in incident investigation and preparation of formal reports on findings including recommendations to Head HSE.
- Provide timely responses to the Plant’s on environmental issues associated with their operations.
- Prepare annual environmental monitoring and compliance reports for submission to Plant’s stakeholders.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Head, HSE.
- To provide training and guidance on environmental management focusing on performance outcomes with continuous improvement on key indicators.
- This must be in alignment and compliance with DIL Group HSSE Policies, standards, Guidance as well as promote and support compliance with industry requirements and the Regulatory Environment Standards.
- To facilitate the effective execution of Environmental Management System in the Plant
- Carrying out Environmental Tests and Measurements
- Carrying out Monthly Environmental Monitoring and reporting to the Plant Management and Regulators.
- Creates and delivers environmental training for the Plant Team.
- Environmental analysis on data collection and interpretation, using the information to create solutions to environmental problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Environmental Science, Mechanical Engineering or MBBS.
- Post Graduate Degrees such as MBA is an advantage.
- Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment or equivalent or Membership of an internationally recognized environmental management professional body.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in practice of environmental management in manufacturing industry.
- Attending to details while maintaining a big picture
- Interpreting and applying strategies that are focused on positive results.
Skills and Competencies:
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Strategic decision making skills
- Innovation and creativity
- Project management skill self awareness
- Team work
- Active Listening Professional integrity
- Influencing Others
- Presentation skill
- Project Management
- Budget development & implementation skill
- Mentoring/coaching skill
- Negotiation skill
- Non-discriminatory behavior
- Resilience and effectiveness
- Change management skill.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
|Job Category||Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE)|
- Advertisement -