Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners Limited is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
JOB TITLE: Database Administrator
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client requires the services of a database administrator to plan, maintain and develop databases incorporating the following principles: That members access data concurrently in a form that suits their needs; That there is adequate provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency).
- Administrative Activities: Administer all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures at company sites.
- Storage (Including the SANs): Ensure proactive management of storage allocations for all the databases and promptly request for/implement expansions where necessary.
- Performance Reporting/Tuning: Continually ensure that databases are performing optimally through regular tuning and monitoring.
- Backup/Restore: Maintain regular/period backup of all databases and ensure they are up-to-date. Periodically conduct test restore of backups.
- Replication & Site Switching Activities: Ensure databases at all company sites are replicating and at par. Implement site switching activities when required.
- Planning data-flow to the database, mapping out the ‘conceptual design’ for a planned database, refining the ‘physical design’ to meet system storage requirements
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the data privacy regulations wherever applicable
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary.
- Controlling access permissions and privileges for access to database
- Capacity planning.
- Administration of all issues regarding Database servers.
- Supervise and control all Database servers inventories.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or any other Technology disciplines (e.g. Engineering, Physics)
- 5-8 years practical experience in Database and Core Business Application Administration.
- Expertise and hands on experience with Oracle Administration and generally working with data on different relational and non-relational Database Management Systems (DBMS).
- Expertise and hands on experience with Windows Server and Linux Operating system administration.
- Good problem solving and logical thinking skills (ability to transform business requirements into programmable solutions).
- Excellent Reporting and Communication skills.
- Experience in planning and delivering technology-based projects
Deadline: July 22, 2022
|Job Category||Database Management/Engineering/Administration|