Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe
JOB TITLE: Banking Presales Consultant
JOB LOCATION: Nigeria
Job: Pre Sales
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- Oracle is strongly committed to the global financial services industry. In order assist financial institutions, Oracle has brought together the industry’s best application and technology ecosystem for evolutionary transformation, providing customers with the largest footprint of functional assets.
- Oracle’s transformation strategy for financial services industry is executed through the Oracle Financial Services Global Business Unit (FSGBU).
- Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
- As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions.
- Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
What You’ll Do
- Be the vital piece of the puzzle that connects us to the millions of businesses that need our help to evolve.
- The Sales Consultant will be responsible for supporting the FSGBU Banking sales Managers in the Middle East & Africa by supporting them from a functional, solution & commercial perspective in the Banking & Financial services deals/opportunities. The Sales Consultant will be leading multiple opportunities in West Africa as well as Africa in general.
- Understand client business needs and requirements & proposing a solution for prospective customers by working closely with the FSGBU solution experts, Sales & Consulting teams across Corporate Banking, Retail Banking and Payments.
- Utilize the deep understanding of FSGBU Banking solutions in order to demonstrate its value to prospective clients in the Banking industry
- Conduct fit-gap analysis with banks to assess fitment between their requirements and FSGBU Banking solutions.
- Conduct client demonstrations that are tailored to meet specific client requirements and business needs
- Respond to RFP/RFI (Request for proposal/information) for Retail & Corporate Banking systems
- Bid managing Sales opportunities in liaison with the different teams to ensure successful submission of bids to prospective customers.
- Support the sales group in terms of positioning Oracle FSGBU products and services to displace competitors during the sales process
- Prepare Requirement and Functional specifications
- Influence product development based on prospect interactions, market trends, local country requirements especially Nigeria & West Africa.
- Communicate product information, changes and direction to sales managers.
- Understand current business / industry environment (financial services and banking) including relevant regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs etc
- Take a lead & help FSGBU to drive business/increase revenue in the Middle East & Africa to help the FSGBU sales in Business development to increase the pipeline with specialized focus in South Africa & Southern Africa.
- BA/B.Sc degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
- 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience.
- 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools.
- Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- Ability to implement the most advanced product features.
- Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques.
- Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Required Skills / Experience:
What You’ll Bring:
Your enthusiasm, knowledge, and customer-centricity will help us become the number one cloud company in the world. We also look for:
- Proven track record in providing solutions to the Banking Institutions worldwide, especially in Middle East & Africa. Especially East Africa
- Banking Domain knowledge in Retail Banking & Payments is essential. Banking Domain knowledge in Corporate Banking is desierable desierable.
- Functional domain experience with product vendors, System Integrators or banks on core banking applications like FLEXCUBE (Oracle), Finacle (Infosys), Globus/T24/IBIS (Temenos), Midas/Bankmaster/Equation (Misys), Banks/Quartz (TCS), Symbols (SunGuard, SystemAccess) or Specialized Corporate Banking applications for Trade/Liquidity/Virtual accounts/Cash management etc or similar vendor applications
- Strong knowledge of finance fundamentals, Retail/Corporate banking products life cycle, accounting and back-office operations
- Relationship management experience with Financial services Customers, either in a presales or delivery role (e.g., as a Consultant or Project Manager)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to understand and capture business requirements
- Must be willing to travel at least 50% of the time on pre-sales engagements
- The job location will be Nairobi
- A career at Oracle is defined by you. We give you the freedom -and the skills—to write your own success story. Whatever avenue you go down, you’ll gain priceless learning experiences and be supported to do your best work.
Application Closing Date
- As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process.
- This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
|Job Category||Banking / Insurance|